A charitable gift annuity is a way to make a gift to support Joybound. Joybound partners with the
National Gift Annuity Foundation (NGAF), the largest independent gift annuity platform in the country, to issue and
administer charitable gift annuities.
Charitable Gift Annuity
Stock or Cash
Benefits of a charitable gift annuity
- Receive fixed payments to you or another annuitant you designate for life
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free
- Further the charitable work of Joybound with your gift
How a charitable gift annuity works
A charitable gift annuity is a way to make a gift to support Joybound.
- You enter into an annuity contract with NGAF and designate Joybound as the charitable beneficiary.
- You transfer cash or property to NGAF, and in exchange, they pay you fixed payments for life. The payment can be quite high depending on your age, and a portion of each payment may even be tax-free.
- You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the gift portion of the annuity.
- The remainder at the end of the contract is transferred to Joybound to further our mission of strengthening the human-animal bond and give pets the joyful second chance they deserve.
If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax-free. You may also make a gift of appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax. Please contact us to inquire about other assets that you might be able to use to fund a charitable gift annuity.
If you have any questions about charitable gift annuities, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer your questions.